, 2018, Employee
- Improved the team velocity by promoting feature flags, more frequent deploys, planning ahead
of implementations and documentation of common tasks. This lead to the uneventful release of
five projects in the same week.
, 2017, Employee
Senior Full Stack Engineer and project manager.
- Simplified sign-in flow to require less information.
- Coordinated efforts to close the platform. With a tight deadline, we had to close features and
create a shop migration tool. I managed the project on the engineering side, stayed in sync with
our support and communications teams, tested the migration tool with users before release.
, 2015 - 2016, Employee
Lead engineer and manager for 5 engineers.
- Focused engineering efforts towards business value rather than perfect code.
- Helped the team increase the quality and performance of the features shipped (through systemic
automated tests, database query analysis).
- Designed a fallback version of the website to handle high-traffic during events like TV reports.
- Designed the architecture changes to enable a quick turnaround by the team on an end-of-year
alteration of our model.
- Highly involved with designers and product managers to refine projects and turn them into actionable
and well-scoped projects.
Mozilla, 2010 - 2015, Contractor and Employee
A FirefoxOS app for collaborative user support.
- Lead developer for a team of three.
- Gave feedback to the FirefoxOS team on tools for app developers.
- Created and edited the demo video for the 1.0 version.
I was part of the Gaia team that implemented the user-facing apps.
- Participated in the run to 1.0 release. This project was a big challenge as the first mobile
OS to only use web technologies. On top of that, we shipped on very constrained hardware and
with tight deadlines.
- Technical owner of the Dialer app. We implemented phone related features such as Dual SIM, MMI,
- Created wireframes and prototypes for new ideas.
- Iterated with design and product teams to implement new features.
- Improved the performance of the Settings app (startup, panel transitions).
- Built a framework for measuring startup performance of apps and user scenarios.
- Maintained project quality through linting and sheriffing.
- Researched performance impact of SVG images compared to static images and icon fonts.
- Multi locale website, serving 10 million pages a day in 90 languages.
- Transitioned the codebase from PHP to Python.
- Supported legacy browsers while keeping a modern look.
- Implemented marketing campaigns for specific Firefox versions or Mozilla events.
- Created demos for new technologies (WebSockets,
WebForms, History API).
- Maintained a list of new features for Firefox 4.
- Reported bugs and followed progress on new features.
- Gave several presentations on those new features.
- Followed other browsers implementations of upcoming web standards.
, March 2010, Contractor
newspaper reader in HTML to replace
a Flash version.
, February 2007 - February 2010, Employee
I worked on back-end development as part of the platform architecture team. I worked closely with
network/system administrators to find solutions to improve performance and availability of the platform.
- 7th largest social network, European leader with over 21 million visitors.
- Developed a mechanism to dynamically switch between databases.
- Developed the friend section, the gift section, improved the profile section.
- Developer and technical consultant for front-end development. Dynamic user interfaces. Specific
developments for commercial campaigns. No JS libraries used.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Co-designed a developer workflow (based on Trac and SVN) as the engineering group grew in size.
WebKit contributor, 2008 - 2010, Free Time
- Filed bugs and enhancements. Summarized new features.
- Patches for the Web Inspector : bug fixes, filtering resources, search improvements.
Contribute to various open source projects:
I gave regular feedback to the developer tools team at Mozilla through my interactions with other
developers and my own experiences.