- , September 2015 - October 2016, Employee
Lead engineer and manager for 5 engineers.
- Focused engineering efforts towards business value rather than perfect code.
- Helped the team increase the quality and performance of the features shipped (through systemic automated tests, database query analysis).
- Designed a fallback version of the website to handle high-traffic during events like TV reports.
- Designed the architecture changes to enable a quick turnaround by the team on an end-of-year alteration of our model.
- Highly involved with designers and product managers to refine projects and turn them into actionable and well-scoped projects.
Mozilla, June 2010 - July 2015, Contractor and Employee
A FirefoxOS app for collaborative user support.
- Lead developer for a team of three.
- Gave feedback to the FirefoxOS team on tools for app developers.
- Created and edited the demo for the 1.0 version.
I was part of the Gaia team that implemented the user-facing apps.
- Participated in the run to 1.0 release. This project was a big challenge as the first mobile OS to only use web technologies. On top of that, we shipped on very constrained hardware and with tight deadlines.
- Technical owner of the Dialer app. We implemented phone related features such as Dual SIM, MMI, Emergency contacts.
- Created wireframes and prototypes for new ideas.
- Iterated with design and product teams to implement new features.
- Improved the performance of the Settings app (startup, panel transitions).
- Built a framework for measuring startup performance of apps and user scenarios.
- Maintained project quality through linting and sheriffing.
- Researched performance impact of SVG images compared to static images and icon fonts.
- Multi locale website, serving 10 million pages a day in 90 languages.
- Transitioned the codebase from PHP to Python.
- Supported legacy browsers while keeping a modern look.
- Implemented marketing campaigns for specific Firefox versions or Mozilla events.
- Created demos for new technologies (WebSockets, WebForms, History API).
- Maintained a list of new features for Firefox 4.
- Reported bugs and followed progress on new features.
- Gave several presentations on those new features.
- Followed other browsers implementations of upcoming web standards.
Liberation, March 2010, Contractor
Implemented a newspaper reader in HTML to replace a Flash version.
- , February 2007 - February 2010, Employee
I worked on back-end development as part of the platform architecture team. I worked closely with network/system administrators to find solutions to improve performance and availability of the platform.
- 7th largest social network, European leader with over 21 million visitors.
- Developed a mechanism to dynamically switch between databases.
- Developed the friend section, the gift section, improved the profile section.
- Developer and technical consultant for front-end development. Dynamic user interfaces. Specific developments for commercial campaigns. No JS libraries used.
- Mentored junior developers.
- Co-designed a developer workflow (based on Trac and SVN) as the engineering group grew in size.
WebKit contributor, April 2008 - July 2010, Free Time
- Filed bugs and enhancements. Summarized new features.
- Patches for the Web Inspector : bug fixes, filtering resources, search improvements.
Contribute to various open source projects:
I gave regular feedback to the developer tools team at Mozilla through my interactions with other developers and my own experiences.